Game Necromantic Deathmatch Rules
Necromantic Deathmatch Rules
- Your objective is to be on the largest team at the end of the game. This game does not use Bureau.
- During Necromantic Deathmatch, everyone starts off on their own team and the aim is to recruit as many players as they can to their team.
- Before the game, everyone must send the name of their team to a member of the Guild. This name must not be deliberately misleading, offensive or break any of the rules listed in 1.1 (So, Team Haribo, Team Hastur and Team President are fine… Team Butts, Team Man Down and Team I’m on your Team are not). The Guild will publish a list of all the players in the game and what their original team is. This will not be updated during the game.
- When the game has started, you must try to recruit people to your team. In order to do this, you must first kill them. Once a player is killed, they are considered to be TEAMLESS and should put their hand in the air to indicate this. When killed a player should avoid moving from where they were killed for 1 minute or until revived. Any assassin can then tag them on the shoulder and say “5, 4, 3, 2, 1, I resurrect you to Team X”, where X is the team the resurrecting player is on. After the assassin has finished the chant, the victim then becomes loyal to the team the resurrecting player is on.
- You may not recruit people to a team if you are TEAMLESS. If you have not been resurrected to a team for 1 minute after you have been killed, you revert back to the team you were on prior to you becoming TEAMLESS. You may recruit a TEAMLESS player to your team even if you were not the one who killed them.
- If there is uncertainty over who was the first one to hit (a “mutual”), players may call a TRUCE. They may then depart and agree to not try to kill each other again until they have properly parted ways (10 minutes).
- “Player A kills Player B. While Player A is resurrecting Player B, Player C kills Player A. Player C may then recruit Player A and Player B.”
- For this game, we will NOT be using a game engine (such as Bureau). Instead, we will be operating a TRUST system. If you believe the kill made on you was against the rules, you may declare yourself GREEN. For this time, you may not make any kills or be killed and are TEAMLESS. You must, at your earliest convenience, contact a Guild member who will attempt to resolve the kill speedily. During this game, your first point of call should be the current Librarian.
- Please be aware of your actions when travelling around in hordes in public places. As such, assassins should not engage in fights in groups larger than 5 in areas such as the Science Site and the centre of town, and should attempt to move any such confrontations to a less public or less busy area.
- Dead players should move if their staying still would cause an obstruction, for example if killed in the doorway to a building.
- Your team is understood to be part of your game state – if asked your team you must answer truthfully.
- The game will finish either at the Guild’s discretion or when all players are a member of a single team. After the game, all players must contact a Guild member with their final team name. The winning team will be that one with the most team members.
- The following kill methods are NOT ALLOWED in Necromantic Deathmatch:
- Sniper Rifles
- Shadow Games